Spaghetti (Tenth of 10 Ten Minute Meals)
Spaghetti Seasoning: (This can be made ahead and kept in small bags or foil to make an even faster meal.)
- 2 tbsp. instant minced onion
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tbsp. sugar or honey
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. thyme
While the pasta is cooking brown ½ lb. of ground meat.
Then add 1 small can of tomato paste, 1 small can of tomato sauce, 3 cans of water, a little lemon juice, and spaghetti seasoning.
Simmer about 8 min. Add 2-3 Tbs. grated parmesan.
Serve over pasta.
Stir-Fry (Ninth of 10 Ten Minute Meals)
Cook rice, linguine, or angel hair pasta with salt, while the stir-fry is cooking. When it is cooked drain and add a little olive oil.
- Cut 1 or 2 chicken breasts into medium-size pieces.
- Start browning chicken in olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Add about ½ of and onion, chopped and cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for 1-2 min.
- Add 2 or 3 thinly sliced carrots and cover and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Then add broccoli, sliced zucchini and/or any other veggies.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- After about 2 minutes add 1 cup of cold chicken broth or water mixed with 2 T. of corn starch and 1 T. soy sauce. Cook, stirring often, until sauce thickens. (1 or 2 minutes) If it doesn’t thicken add a little more corn starch mixed with a little cold water.
- Serve on drained pasta or rice and dinner is ready.
Note: It is also good served without pasta or rice.
Taco Salad (Eighth of 10 Ten Minute Meals)
- Cook cut up chicken or ground beef in taco seasoning (below) or use leftover chicken.
- Cut lettuce, tomatoes, onions.
- Grate cheese.
- Can of drained olives.
- Can of drained beans (black or kidney).
- Tortilla Chips
Mix all together in a large bowl with:
Taco Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup ranch dressing (Can substitute plain yogurt and spices for ranch dressing.)
- 1 T. catsup
- 2 T. salsa.
- 2 tsp. instant minced onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. corn starch
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed dried red pepper
- Add ½ cup of water
- Add 1 ½ – 2 lbs. of cooked ground beef or chicken.
Simmer until the water is cooked out.
Creamy Milk Sauce/Gravy/Soup/Rue (Seventh of 10 Ten Minute Meals)
If you learn to make a Rue it can save you money and time. Use it anytime you would use a can of creamed soup. It is better for your health, saves you money, and tastes great. It will make you holiday meals the best. Be brave. Don’t worry if you have a few lumps the first time, it will still taste great.
If you use it in a recipe instead of a can of creamed soup, use only half of the liquid.
- Melt 2 Tbs. butter or other fat in frying pan.
- Add 2-3 Tbs. flour and brown for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add 2 cups of a mixture of milk, water and/or broth.
- Season with salt/pepper and spices to taste.
- Stir until thick.
- Turn the heat off and add 2-4 Tbs. of grated parmesan cheese.
- Add cooked ground beef to the gravy and serve over toast, noodles, rice, or potatoes.
- Add steamed asparagus or other cooked vegetables and serve over toast.
- Add some cooking water to the sauce to make the right thickness.
- Cook any vegetables like carrots, potatoes, broccoli, onions, etc.
- Drain and save the water to use to thin the soup.
- Add the creamed sauce.
- Add the reserved water to make the soup the right thickness.
I use it to make chicken pot pie, potato soup, stroganoff and so much more. Let us know how you use a rue to make your meals great.
7 Layer Burritos (Sixth of 10 Ten Minute Meals)
- Cook Rice-A-Roni or some other seasoned rice.
- Warm refried beans.
- Mash avocados and mix in a little lime or lemon juice and season with Spike or other seasoning.
- Cut up tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
- Slice a can of olives.
- Grated cheese.
- Sour cream.
- Warm tortillas. (Corn or Flour)
Layer everything on the tortilla, starting with the beans, then fold up into a burrito and eat. Everyone can put on what they like. Great fast, meatless meal.
Chicken Melts (Fifth of 10 Ten Minute Meals)
- 1 can chicken (or tuna) ( 12.5 oz.)
- 1 pickle chopped
- ½ large carrot, peeled and grated
- 3/4 -1 cup grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- diced onion to taste (optional)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup mayo
Spread mixture on 6 to 8 slices of bread.
Place under the broiler until the cheese melts ( about 3 – 5 minutes).
Can be served with chips, salad, veggies and/or fruit.